Gospel Convos – Acts 11:1-17 – Spirit-Empowered Prayer
Here is this week’s Gospel Convos. Utilize this resource as a refresher on the sermon and as a primer to engage your City Group in deep, meaningful, gospel-centered conversations.
My hope is this weekly resource will help you reflect on Scripture throughout the week as well as equip and encourage you to help one another grow in your relationship with Jesus and invite others to know him too.
Read the text – Acts 12:1-17
Be prayerful and thoughtful as you engage with your City Group in these conversations. Don’t rush to answer with the “right” answer, but instead engage honestly and authentically, showing and receiving grace in your City Group.
• Can you share recent prayers that God has answered?
• Are these prayers you have been praying for a long time? How has it been to persevere in prayer? Are you discouraged? Have you stopped praying out of discouragement or unbelief?
• Are there areas of your life that you realize are prayer-less? Are you suffering and haven’t prayed about it? Do you have needs you haven’t asked God to meet? Do you have friends that you have never prayed for?
Close be reading the text again Acts 12:1-17
• Read the book of Acts
• Incredible book about the gospel informing our hospitality
• Here is a good commentary on the book of Acts
• Here is an online Bible Study resource by The Gospel Coalition