Gospel Convos – Acts 1:1-8 – Spirit-Empowered Witnesses
Here is this week’s Gospel Convos. Utilize this resource as a refresher on the sermon and as a primer to engage your City Group in deep, meaningful, gospel-centered conversations.
My hope is this weekly resource will help you reflect on Scripture throughout the week as well as equip and encourage you to help one another grow in your relationship with Jesus and invite others to know him too.
- New City Group Leader Training – If you are interested in becoming a City Group Leader sign up for this training. This training is for men and women that are about to start leading and those just curious about City Group Leadership. Go to this link for more details.
Read the text – Acts 1:1-8
Be prayerful and thoughtful as you engage with your City Group in these conversations. Don’t rush to answer with the “right” answer, but instead engage honestly and authentically, showing and receiving grace in your City Group.
Take time in prayer together to acknowledge your need for God. Specifically acknowledge your need for the Holy Spirit to empower you to live out God’s calling.
- How can you consistently acknowledge your neediness before God and ask his help?
- In what ways are you prone to seek the kingdom of self, instead of the kingdom of God?
- How does desiring God’s kingdom to be built play out in Christian Community?
- How can we practically seek to share the gospel with non – Christians? How can this be marked by love, joy, and hospitality and not obligation? What is the name of someone you are sharing the gospel with?
Close be reading the text again Acts 1:1-8